Of genius, PhDs, babies, and social robots
Although I haven't written a lot for my personal blog while in grad school, I have written a few posts for both the MIT Graduate Student Blog and the MIT Media Blog. I talk about having babies while in grad school doing research about robots and kids! You can find my writing at the links below. (Most of these are also cross-posted to my blog here!)
- Wow, you're at MIT! You must be a genuis!
- PhD and a Baby: Debugging Code and Changing Diapers
- Measuring kids' relationships with robots: Exploring how the relational features of robots impact children's engagement and learning
- Good Ideas: They don't grow on trees, so where do you get them?
- Transitions, data, and writing, too: A rhyming guide to my year in review
- Kids' relationships and learning with social robots
- Wasting My Degree: Why is having kids, moving out of the city, and following an unusual path a waste?
- An Ode to My Slow Cooker: How a special appliance has saved me both time and sanity